Tuesday, May 8, 2007


This is one of two remaining shotgun houses in a neighborhood I used to play in as a child. In fact, I believe it belonged to friends of my parents, but I can't be sure. The neighborhood has the sad distinction of being on the flood side of the floodwall--as a result, it is no longer a neighborhood, simply a piece of land. There are a few junk yards and a recycling plant on this side of the wall too, other than a couple of trailers and a city park zone, that's about it. However all this deserted property belonged to people my family knew (since my grandparents ran a general store, they knew a lot of people in town), but only a few were actual friends. Johnny and Margie I can't remember their last name--funny. There was a fellow further down who was called Rigsby--I remember one visit in which I got to drive a go-cart. Now the area mostly belongs to a power company--there is a bar called The Rustic Frog there as well--I got a picture of part of it:



I remember one year my High School reunion took place there--I've never had the gumption to actually go anywhere near it. Frankly, it scares me.


No comments: