Friday, September 19, 2008

9-18-2008:Astoria and Beyond

Well, I've gone tourist. Sorry there are so many shots, but doggoneit I'm having a blast and there is so much to document. Started the 18th with the "Kings of Falafel" at 30th and Broadway. The best falafel I've ever had and everything else was top notch too! Here is the King of Falafel Sauces:




In the evening, George and I picked Kayeligh up from work and we went to have a night crossing on the Staten Island Ferry. Here they are clowning in the Bowery Station of the underground:




Here they are being real:



And here I am with Kayleigh on the deck of the ferry:



Earlier in the day George took me to a nearby Sculpture park "Socrates Sculpture Park" where I snapped this found art (an abandoned and dilapidated pier):



This large and fascinating installation:




And this intense (but very nice) artist working on a new sculpture:



Finally, we had a late supper at Omonia's (a Greek restaurant near their apartment) that was not only nice, they had the biggest and most beautiful display case of pastries:



Of which I had none due to my new policy on sweets and such. It was a full and wonderful day from my walk to 45th street and back to the apartment at 7:AM to walking home from Omonia's. I can't thank them enough for this much needed respite and recouperation. It came at the perfect time and is pretty much the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!

1 comment:

Karin said...

I would definitely have a hard time resisting those!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Karin @ Frozen in Time

(It won't let me add the link in my comment.)