Friday, September 26, 2008

9-26-2008: George Rodgers Clark Memorial Park

Okay, I'm claiming jet lag for the last two days of inactivity. Went to the George Rodgers Clark Park in Clarksville, Indiana at the site where the "Expedition" began and where GR Clark had his last home. It features a cabin and gardens and a decent view of the river.

Nothing in the cabin (including the cabin) actually belonged to the Clark. However historical pieces and the cabin itself are period. These rifles are vintage:



I should have asked about this peas. They are likely some heritage type of plant:



The bedroom was a little eerie. But I still got a neat shot:



Finally, my favorite from today (and the hunting was excellent):

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love all these shots. The candle is my favorite. Thanks for visiting! :)