Friday, April 6, 2007

3 Days behind, but a picture from each



Nathan went over to help my Dad pour some concrete--here he patiently awaits having something to do. It actually brings back memories of my Dad's hurry-up-and-wait way of doing things. He wonders why I never learned to do some of these things. The answer is I never progressed beyond the standby-and-hand-him-tools stage of things.


Ancient churches putting the "Holy" in "Holy Week". The above is from Tennebrae--a beautiful service in which lights are extinguished until the church is dark, except for a single light. I love this service. It is probably as close to simple meditation as a large church gets.

Finally, last night we had our Agape meal and service. This includes the foot washing ceremony, and a reading of the Psalm 22. Very moving stuff if you're faithful and thoughtful. Sorry to be so brief, but this week is putting extra effort into testing my energy. It has been rough, and the weather turning cold again hasn't helped at all.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Good choices. I really like the one of Nathan and your dad because we don't have many of the two of them together.

NoVA Dad said...

Great photos. I love the one of the church window; I've never heard of that practice before -- it sounds magnificent and highly relaxing/centering. Hope the remainder of the week finds you well.